Are you just as excited that its a brand new year? There is something so refreshing about opening up a new, blank book and starting over. Maybe you didn't reach many of the goals you had set for yourself last year? I think you can do it this year! Here are five tips to jump start your new book, and hopefully help you reach your goals a bit better. I know I'll definitely be following along, especially # 2 after that margherita pizza we ate the other day!
1. Find yourself a new dress that you can style in a bunch of different ways for many different occasions. One that can take you from work to cocktails, brunch to family dinner, etc. They're out there. I promise!
2. Start eating better to cleanse yourself of all of that holiday food. Go for a half hour walk twice a week, and mentally prepare for the spring & summer activities up ahead. When you feel better about yourself, you look better. Its all about starting on the inside first!
3. Take a few moments each day and tell yourself what you want to get done. Whether it be organizing your shoes, or trying that recipe you saw on Pinterest, tell yourself to get it done and do it. Except you actually have to do it.
4. While we're on the topic of Pinterest recipes, invite your closet friends over and cook them dinner. Sit back and enjoy each others company even if its just for a short while. Its important to keep in touch with your friends. Who else is going to be there to stalk your ex-boyfriends Facebook with?
5. If you're blessed to still have your grandparents or older relatives in your life, take the time to talk to them. Ask them questions about life when they were young, life before all of the madness, heck - even ask them where they were the day Kennedy was shot. Just talk to them. I'm sure they'd love to share.
Life is what we make of it. Make each day what you want it to be.
Happy New Year.